Kenmore 4.6 cu. ft. Slide-In Electric Range - Stainless SteelItem# 02242543000 | Model# 42543
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||45.5|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24.125" W x 16.5" H x 18.031" D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||4.6|
|Controls and Features:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Control Type:||Electro Mechanical|
|Convertible to Freestanding:||Yes|
|Cooking Surface:||Electric: radiant glass surface|
|Safety Features:||Oven control lockout, auto oven shutoff|
|Main Oven Broiler Wattage:||3400|
|Main Oven Bake Element Wattage:||2500|
|Main Oven Convection Element Wattage:||2500|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||50 amps|
|Total Connected Load:||12.9 / 9.7 kW @240/208V|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Power Cord Included:||No|
|Bake Element Location:||Hidden Bake Element|
|Conv. Element Location:||Back of oven|
|Element Configuration:||1 - 12"/9" dual 3000W; 2 - 9" 12000W; 1 - 6" Warning Zone|
|Main Oven Broiler Location:||Top of oven|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||4|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||4|
|Number of Oven Racks:||2|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
|Oven Racks:||Chrome on steel|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 4.6 cu. ft. Slide-In Electric Range - Style and Functionality
The Kenmore 4.6 cu. ft. Slide-In Electric Range 4254 features a Warm and Ready™ zone to keep dinner warm and fresh for your guests. Hot surface indicator lights let you know which elements are still hot, so you can avoid burns, and the 3200W Power Element works fast to bring water to a rapid boil.
- One of the fastest heating elements around, the 9-in. Electric Turbo Boil™ delivers 3,200 Watts of heat in seconds, bringing pots and kettles to a boil without wasting your valuable time
- With a stylish, sleek surface and hidden controls, the warming drawer, featuring variable temperature control, is perfect for everything from multi-course meals to delayed dinners
- From keeping a stack of pizzas toasty to cooking Thanksgiving dinner, this Kenmore delivers plenty of room, so you can load it up and enjoy hot, delicious meals, treats and more
- The dual element swaps from 9- to 12-inch sizes in seconds, giving pots and pans the fit they need for even heat and optimum cooking
- Warm and Ready™ zone on the cooktop keeps food warm and ready to serve without overcooking, so everything is ready at once
- The Simmer Select™ feature uses ultra-low heat to gently cook delicate sauces, melt chocolate or keep finished sauces warm while other foods are being prepared
- 4.6 cu. ft capacity provides ample space for cooking multiple dishes at a time
- True convection prepares evenly baked and beautifully browned foods throughout the oven even when filled to capacity
Added on April 09, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
San Jose, CA
Installed this myself easily the day before the 2014 Superbowl. My wife tried the convection oven out on baking cookies and the oven baked them perfectly. The "Turbo Boil" element on the front left side of the range works nice and had the water boiling in 6 minutes for our mashed potatoes in our 6 qt. pot. The warmer tray below the oven worked nicely keeping our snacks warm on Superbowl Sunday. The warmer element has three temperature level choices to select to keep your food warm. The dual element in the right front of the range cook top is nice for cooking when using either small or large pots. We have not tried out the "warm zone" yet on the middle rear of the range cook top. Of course we like the way the style and design of the range blends in with our other Kenmore kitchen appliances.
New Milford, CT
Goose Creek, SC
This Kenmore product let me down (I have been a fan of the manufacturer in the past). The electronic board has an error code and I am unable to use my oven because it has locked and there is an electronic sensor that is alarming off. I had to unplug the unit in order to stp the warning sensor from beeping. I have reviewed other customers online with the same issue. I am really upset after paying a lot for the unit. If you buy this item, please purchase a 5 year Sears warranty or you will be lighting your money on fire. It looks beautiful but the surface is extremely difficult to clean (even with the smooth top cleaner). I have purchased 2 previous smooth top ranges and they were not like this surface at all. It smudges very easily as well and I am constantly buffing out the smudges with the cleaner. I normally do not review an item on any site but I wanted to let you research this item online and let you know about my personal experience with this item.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 02-May-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 08-Apr-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 02-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.