Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Height (In.):||4.25 in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||54|
|Minimum Clearance Above Cooktop (in.):||30 in.|
|Minimum Clearance Below Cooktop (in.):||8 in.|
|Minimum Clearance to Front of Counter (in.):||2.5 in.|
|Minimum Clearance to Left Wall (in.):||5 in.|
|Minimum Clearance to Rear Wall (in.):||1.5 in.|
|Minimum Clearance to Right Wall (in.):||5 in.|
|Width (in.):||30 in.|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Zones:||None, fixed elements/burners|
|Cooktop Control Location:||Right|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||4|
|Color Matching Controls:||Yes|
|Styling & Design:|
|Cooking Bay Style:||Fixed Bays|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Gas or Electric:||Gas|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts and labor|
|Burner Configuration:||14,200 BTU Power burner; Two 9,500 BTU all-purpose burners; 5,000 BTU simmer burner|
|Installable Over Oven:||Can install over oven|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 30" Sealed Gas Cooktop - Convenient, Powerful
This Kenmore 30" Gas Cooktop 3242 provides four top of the line sealed burners, including a 14,200 BTU Power Burner to heat water fast, and a simmer burner to maintain your food at a steady low heat. With its recessed design and subtle appearance, this cooktop can stay on any countertop and meld with any kitchen. The easy-to-clean grates are dishwasher safe and the rest of the cooktop is simple to wipe down. This cooktop uses an electronic ignition, so the lighting process is automatic. You'll know you're cooking with gas with this Kenmore sealed gas cooktop.
- Designed to kick out serious heat, the Power Burner funnels 14,200 BTUs of flame power to your cooking surface, so steaks sear, eggs scramble and water boils quickly.
- The 5,000 BTU Simmer Burner was designed to deliver reliable warming and ultra-low simmering with a consistent, precise flame, cutting down on scorched sauces and dried out dishes.
- Built to eliminate the need to light and re-light pilots, electronic ignition delivers consistent flames with the turn of a knob, so you can get cooking fast.
- Built to cut down on soaking and scrubbing, dishwasher safe grates deliver a stable surface for cooking, while cleaning up quickly alongside your pots and pans.
- Speed through post-cooking cleanup thanks to a porcelain cooktop surface that helps contain spills, resist scrapes and wipe clean quickly.
Added on August 29, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
The cooktop works well. A couple of notes: 1.) the gas regulator is underneath just behind the control nob. I had problems getting to the electrical outlet; 2.) an adjoining drawer had to be trimmed as it was making contact with the bottom of the manifold housing. other than that its been pretty good.
New Haven, IN
After this stove top was installed, two of the four burners didnt even work! The simmer burners' gas supply was crossed with the power burner! You would get a huge flame from the tiny simmer burner, and a tiny flame from the power burner! The control knobs were very flimsy! I was very unhappy with the poor quality of this product! Will never buy a Kenmore appliance again! Huge waste of time!
I am about to get my third replacement in less than a year and I've only cooked on my most recent one for just over two weeks. The **** markings, including Kenmore brand logo, are already gone. I only used a little warm soapy water and a soft cloth to clean it. The stainless steel scratches very easily. Although it functioned fine, I would not recommend buying this cooktop. I'm now replacing it with something else. I've used Kenmore products for 30 years and this is my first reject.
I purchased this cooktop in September of 2012 as part of a total kitchen remodel. I originally purchased a slightly cheaper kenmore cooktop but sears sent this model after it was found the original cooktop I purchased was no longer available. The associate assured me the model 3242 was a better cooktop that would be easier to clean. Unfortunately, that was not the case. We have had a few minor spills that will only come off with mild abrasives which end up scratching the stainless finish. Also, after only two months the labels on the burner knobs started to rub off when wiped only with a wet rag. The cooktop burners perform well but I do not recommend purchasing due to the poor durability of the finish.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I recently purchased this cooktop. It does function in that it turns on and has the expected flame. However, it is so poorly designed that it is hazardous. The control knobs heat up to such a degree when the cooktop is on that they are way too hot to touch with bare hands. An accidental burn is a decided probability. I needed an oven mitt to turn the burner off. This is dangerous and it is thoroughly inexcusable to sell this product. I am a very unhappy purchaser.
I purchased this product in January, 2011. The cooktop works well; however, the knobs have cracked and the paint indicating the temperature has peeled off. I called Kenmore but received no help at all. I will NEVER purchase another Kenmore product.
When I first had this installed, I loved the way it looked and it cooks great. But it scratches soooooo easy! It looks terrible now and I've only had it a month...I tried to be very careful cleaning it but if there is a little speck or something on the cloth IT WILL SCRATCH! I know stainless steel scratches some but this is ridiculous. As far as how it cooks I had no problems.
Saint Francisville, LA
This cook top is really beautiful! The gas jets works wonderfula and was so easy to install! Easy to clean and I am looking forward to cooking for the holidays! Oh and got it on sale too!
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.