Clearance. Intermediate markdowns may have been taken.
While supplies last
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||37.3|
|Interior Capacity:||1.6 cu. ft.|
|Interior Dimensions (HxWxD):||21-9/16" W x 8-7/8" H x 14-1/8" D|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Exhaust Fan Air Flow (CFM):||300|
|Turntable Diameter (In.):||12.75|
|Extend Cook:||Add seconds (adj.)|
|Maximum Microwave Cooking Time (min.):||99|
|Multi-Setting Cook:||Multi-staged cooking|
|Number of One-Touch Settings:||5|
|Wattage Range:||1000 watts and over|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 30" Microhood Combination - Powerful Flexibility
This Kenmore 30" microhood combination 8503 features a powerful and versatile performance with a sleek hidden vent design. This over-the-range microwave makes cooking and reheating easy with its automatic cook, reheat and defrost features, while electronic touch controls make it easy to choose the right cook time and power level. The streamlined design allows it to fit elegantly above your cooktop, as it conceals a full 1.6 cu. ft. of capacity. The microhood combination comes complete with an electronic turntable and removable rack that lets you cook two items at once, maximizing the microwave's interior space.
- Designed to deliver more heat to every dish, whether you're cooking, reheating or defrosting, higher wattage performance means even heating and thorough cooking done fast.
- The performance and range you need for perfect meal prep, 10 power level settings deliver a wide range of heating options, so every meal is cooked to perfection.
- Auto defrost takes the guesswork out of thawing meats, casseroles and more while powerful microwave heating warms your dish throughout, so meals are ready in minutes.
- A hidden vent helps remove smoke and odors above the range, while blending seamlessly with the microwave to clear the air without crowding the kitchen.
- From reheating meals and steaming veggies to popping every kernel in the popcorn bag, the Add-30-Seconds button delivers more control, so you can give every meal the time it needs.
- Convenient one touch electronic pad controls are easy-to-use and allow for simple operation, giving you fast access and total control over all your cooking functions.
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I've been using this for about 6 months, and it works nicely. The one (well two) things I think could be improved: 1) it takes a strong **** to open the door--you need a firm grip and really have to give it a tug. 2) the warning beep is a bit louder and more insistent than I'd like. It has a reminder beep if you warm something up and don't take it out--it will keep on beeping every minute or so until you open the door or hit stop. Otherwise I'm very satisfied--although I think all microwave controls are designed by people with no idea what users use, these controls are among the simpler and more intuitive. And the +30 secs feature is one I'd recommend to anyone buying a microwave.
I am so sorry I did not listen to the reviews on ALL the Kenmore microwaves. Every comment about malfunctioning is true. I bought my model 85143 in May 2012, and the control panel has completely quit working. The reviews about the loud noise when in use, well it happened to me about two months after purchase. And just like everyone else, a year-and-half life expectancy is all you get. I will never purchase a Kenmore anything ever again!
It was worth buying the Kenmore 30" because it has different types of timing and cooking buttons. It was a great price, I thought that we could never find something this good at this price.
I did not experience any issue with this product. I installed many of these on my rentals and in an area where over the range microwave is not common, this is a nice perk.
When my old microwave died, this was the only model that fit in the space I had. It is perfect. The roundtable holder was cracked when installer unpacked it, but it works until Sears replaces it. Sales people and installers were wonderful.
We have only had this microwave for 17 months. It just stopped working this week. The panel worked fine, but the turntable did not work and it did not heat. $149 later we discovered the switch failed. Nice. So quality only extends for a year. Then, you're on your own.
Colorado Springs, CO
This microwave only lasted 2.5 years. Worked fine until the circuit board went out. Sears wanted more money to fix this unit than a new exact item would cost me at the store. On the plus side, I did not find this microwave to be very noisy as others have said. This unit is very quiet compared to the unit I replaced it with.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.