Kenmore 30'' Gas Self Clean Slide-In Range with Convection CookingItem# 02236903000 | Model# 36903
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Controls and Features:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Convertible to Freestanding:||Yes|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Safety Features:||Oven control lockout, auto oven shutoff|
|Approximate Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||45.50|
|Height (in.):||35.625 in. minimum - 36.625 in. maximum|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24.125 W x 16.50 H x 18.031 D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||4.2|
|Broiler Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||14,000 / 13,500 NG/LP|
|Main Oven Bake Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||18000 / 16000 NG/LP|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||15 amps|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts and labor|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Burner Configuration:||Power Burners: 16,200 & 12,200 BTU; 9,500 BTU standard burner; 5,000 BTU simmer burner|
|Main Oven Broiler Location:||Top of oven|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||4|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||4|
|Number of Oven Racks:||3|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
|Oven Light:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Oven Racks:||Chrome on steel|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
Gas slide-in range features a 4.2 cu. ft. capacity self-cleaning oven, true convection cooking with a separate third element and automatic convection conversion option. EasySet&8482; 515 electronic oven controls, sealed burner design, deep-drawn porcelain cooktop surface and oven control lockout provide the added safety and convenience to keep cooking simple and hassle-free.
- Enjoy a high performance cooking center - versatile cooktop provides high power to low simmer operations. Cooking zones include a 14,200 & 12,000 BTU power burner, 9,500 BTU burners, and one 500-5,000 BTU simmer burner ideal to prepare delicate foods and sauces
- Eliminate time-consuming scrubbing and scouring of dirty grates - professional-look heavy duty cast-iron grates are completely dishwasher-safe
- Cook an entire meal at once - the large 4.2 cu. ft. self-clean oven accommodates multiple dishes and features heavy-duty handle-style oven racks that pull out easily with an oven mitt
- Prepare fabulous meals fast and easy - utilizing one fan and the addition of a hidden third heating element, True Convection prepares evenly baked and beautifully browned foods throughout the oven even when filled to capacity
- Keep cookware handy while saving valuable kitchen cabinet space - the handy storage drawer provides extra storage space for all kinds of cookware, helping to reduce clutter in the kitchen for a cleaner, more contemporary look
- Add a touch of class to your kitchen dcor -cooktop design features 4 burners recessed below the countertop for a sleek look while it brings cooking down to a real comfort level. This design also provides more space under the grates for easier cleaning
- Avoid potentially dangerous accidental turn-ons - lockout feature is activated by the push of a button to prevent accidental use of the oven controls. A great feature with small children
Added on August 29, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have owned this stove for 2 years now, with no major issues. I find that it cooks meals using the convection setting (baking and roasting) quite reliably; I agree with another reviewer that making baked goods in the convection oven is not very reliable, and for this purpose I use the baking (NOT convection) setting. Also, the broil function does leave alot to be desired as, like another reviewer noted, the food will broil only under the broil element so you have to really keep an eye on things and move pans around a bit. To be fair, I have found this to be an issue with every gas range I have owned. The bottom drawer is a pain in the neck to put in. It is difficult to figure out and I dread having to remove it for cleaning underneath one of these days. Quite frequently, I put the top grills into my dishwasher and they come out great. I made the mistake of putting my knobs into the dishwasher and most of the lettering came off. I really like the high BTU burner for boiling water for pasta. The simmer burner burns so low that I am afraid it will go out, leaving the gas on! All in all, I would recommend this purchase to a friend, I am happy with it, and I would purchase the same brand again.
We bought this stove in April 2011, paying approximately $1500. We now need to replace the ignitor (not in stock; had to be backordered) at a cost of over $300. Also, the cover over the control panel at the front of the stove is made of plastic. It has been deforming for several years, and is now separating from the control panel, because of heat from the front burner. This is a poorly made and designed, but expensive, stove. It is not as warranted and does not meet the basic requirements of a stove.
Santa Ysabel, CA
This is the noisiest oven I have every owned. The door vent fan rattles so bad you can hear it across the room. The convection fan is quiet in comparison. It was just installed so noise is the only issue so far. Pre- installation issue was delivery without LP conversion kit promised.
I used the self cleaning option and it fried the whole stove. The electrical no longer works. Also the stainless on the control panel scratches very easily. That's a lot of money for a stove that only lasts 2 years.
Saint Marys, GA
Stove came with one burner not working properly. Glad Sears paid for repair. Works nicely now. Top cleans up without smearing too much. Grates can go in dishwasher which is a plus. Don't like that it won't slide in all the way due to the front control panel having a backing on the sides. Don't want to cut counter top to slide it in. 2" gap behind the stove. Like not having back on stove above counter top, gives the kitchen a nicer look.
Staten Island, NY
I would love to review this stove but I cant use it since it was delivered with a bad control panel (several numbers and start button wont work). To make matters worse, the Sears repairman showed up without the needed part after I described problem in detail to assistant on manage my life. Not happy with this purchase / experience.
Supposed to fit existing dimensions. Checked all specifications prior to installation. Even sent off and got engineered specs. According to all pre measurements, it should fit but it is over sized. Limited space in back for connections to gas and electricity. Had to cut counter top by half an inch on each side. Front to back about half an inch short so the unit protrudes out an additional half an inch. The height is from half an inch to a full inch in too high. Had to purchase ceramic tile as a fill in for the gap between the unit overlap and counter top. Doesn't look good. Gas company made three costly trips to specialize connections in back for the unit to go back as far as possible. The top of the unit was manufactured with sizable bows on the side and back. Lowering the top onto the ceramic tiles to reduce the bows is not recommended and doesn't reduce the bowing. A complete mess from start to finish. Do not but this thing.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 29-Mar-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore appliances. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.