Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range w/ Variable Self-Clean - WhiteItem# 02274132000 | Model# 74132
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
|Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||46.625|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24.375" W x 18.625" H x 19.125" D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||5.0|
|Color and Styling:|
|Safety Features:||Oven Control Lockout|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Oven Light:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Broiler Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||13500|
|Main Oven Bake Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||18000|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||15 amps|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Burner Configuration:||1 - 14,200 BTU, 2 - 9,500 BTU, 1 - 5,000 BTU, 1 - 18,200 BTU|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||6|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Number of Oven Racks:||2|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range - Cooking Versatility
The Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. freestanding gas range 7413 features five individually controlled, sealed, electronic-ignition gas burners. With the Turbo Boil burner, you can bring any amount of liquid to a boil in no time flat. Pots and pans slide easily over the continuous, dishwasher-safe grates, while baking and roasting is easy with the spacious, self-cleaning oven. The warming feature is perfect for keeping dishes at just the right temperature to serve. Every meal is a pleasure to cook with the Kenmore 7413.
- Delivering an outstanding 18,200 BTUs of heating power, Gas Turbo Boil™ brings pots, pans and kettles to a boil rapidly, saving time and getting meals made fast
- The 5,000 BTU Simmer Burner was designed to deliver reliable warming and ultra-low simmering with a consistent, precise flame, cutting down on scorched sauces and dried out dishes
- Warm & Hold keeps dishes at the perfect serving temperature for hours without overcooking and works with timed bake and delay cook settings, so meals are ready when you are
- Built to cut down on soaking and scrubbing, dishwasher safe grates deliver a stable surface for cooking, while cleaning up quickly alongside your pots and pans
- Easy Set™ electronic oven controls automate temperature, timer and other features so you can bake a pie, roast beef or cook a casserole with just the touch of a finger
- A convenient storage drawer underneath the oven provides valuable space for storing baking sheets, pans and pizza trays, so they're out of the way but still within reach
- The Variable Self Clean feature lets you choose the cleaning time from 2 to 4 hours, so you can save time and energy when the oven only needs a quick touch-up
Added on July 02, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Unbelievable. Easy to install and convert to propane. Love the way it cooks. When you live at 9000 + feet you never know for sure if the range will cook items like the package says. This range does it perfectly. Would recommend this range again and again.
My boyfriend does ALL the cooking and his old range was REALLY bad. We saw a really nice range on line but when we got there they were out of stock. He was going to wait the short time for one to be delivered, but then he saw this one and it was Love at first sight. He LOVES the power burners and cant wait to brew beer in the house this winter.
The house we bought had a stove that only had three working burners and would shut off on its own and the timer did not work. I decided to replace that stove with this Kenmore stove and am very happy. I bake bread at high temperatures and the top of the unit does not get too hot. The oven temp also seems to be correctly calibrated and the bread turns out perfectly every time.
This unit expells a large amount of heat, oven door handle falls off repeatedly, burner knobs fall off . Preheat time of the oven take a large amount of gas & time. The only positive are the various burners to accomodate cooking. When shopping, keep walk past this one.
Red Boiling Springs, TN
I replaced my well-used, highly regarded gas range with this jewel just over a month ago and couldn't be happier. I self-installed, converting it from natural gas to LP, in just under two hours. The instructions were clear, the diagrams adequate, and the number of necessary tools limited. All of the orifices I needed to make the switch were included, and considering that I had never installed a gas range before, I was pretty impressed by the way Kenmore had everything clearly laid out for a novice like me. Since then, we have used the range every day, multiple times per day. I have cooked on a traditional gas range for years, but this one beats any other I have used. The turbo and power burners heat skillets and pots in a short time, so I don't have to waste that time preheating. Also, for wok cooking, the turbo burner keeps the wok smoking hot the entire time I cook, something no other gas range I have used has been able to do. Both large burners are great for keeping the temp up when adding cold food to your pans. I figure that having the two large burners, as well as the fifth burner, cuts my time by at least 10 percent. I already have many hours standing in front of this range, so I already appreciate those few minutes saved. Other than the fact that it heats more quickly, I can't tell much difference between this oven and any previous ovens I have used. It might cook a little bit hotter, but I have no complaints. This is not a convection oven, which suits my needs. A convection oven includes a fan in the back of the oven so that the temperature is even throughout the oven. I have used convection ovens in the past, but I cannot justify the extra 100 dollars to upgrade the oven to having a little fan. Besides, if you don't fan the oven door frequently, the oven will cook evenly without the fan. It's a 5.0cubic foot oven, not a blast furnace. I have baked cookies, cakes, cookies, casseroles, chicken, ham, roasts, etc. with good results. I actually ordered this range at the store before checking the ratings, something I never do, but the oven in my old range died two weeks before Christmas, and I needed something fast for the holidays because I host the extended family for Christmas--about twenty-five hungry people were coming to my house. The concerns expressed in other reviews are valid. Like most gas ranges I have used, the oven does vent out the top, behind the cooktop. I am tall, 6'3", so it doesn't affect me so much. Also, pot and skillet handles do get especially warm on the cooktop because of the arrangement of the burners. I have found that if I keep handles angled away from the large burners, it's not an issue, though I do frequently have to use pot holders to remove pans. The trade off of having that extra burner makes hot handles worth it for me. For the money, this range cannot be beat.
San Marcos, CA
It replaced a stove that was in the house when I bought it, probably from 1934, a Marlboro, a great old stove but it finally cooked its last meal. The new stove is a new experience, it lights quickly and I don't have pilot lights anymore so I save on my gas bill, the oven heats to temperature in about a quarter the time I'm used to so I can spend less time in the kitchen and having five burners means I can cook an entire meal without having to shuffle pots and pans. The new stove also takes up a lot less space than the monster I had so my kitchen suddenly got bigger. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase, the delivery, installation and the emails keeping me posted on the progress of my order.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.