Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range w/ Convection - Stainless SteelItem# 02274233000 | Model# 74233
|Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||46.625|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24.375" W x 18.625" H x 19.125" D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||5.0|
|Color and Styling:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Safety Features:||Oven control lockout|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Oven Light:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Broiler Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||13500|
|Main Oven Bake Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||18000|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||15 amps|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Burner Configuration:||1 - 14,200 BTU, 1 - 9,500 BTU, 1 - 5,000 BTU, 1 - 18,200 BTU, 1 - 10,000 BTU|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||6|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Number of Oven Racks:||2|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range - Simply Precise
The Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range 7423 is the ideal appliance for any kitchen. To bring items to a boil in the blink of an eye, use the high-powered Turbo Boil burner, or cook with odd-shaped pans easily on the oval center burner. With its electronic control panel and internal fan, the oven makes for ideal baking and roasting conditions, while the Warm & Hold function keeps dishes at serving temperature until they're ready to serve. Kitchens aren't complete without this freestanding gas range by Kenmore.
- Designed to eliminate hot spots and spread heat evenly, fan convection circulates hot air throughout the oven for more even cooking, browning and flavor sealed into every bite.
- Delivering an outstanding 18,200 BTUs of heating power, Gas Turbo Boil™ brings pots, pans and kettles to a boil rapidly, saving time and getting meals made fast.
- The 5,000 BTU Simmer Burner was designed to deliver reliable warming and ultra-low simmering with a consistent, precise flame, cutting down on scorched sauces and dried out dishes.
- Warm & Hold keeps dishes at the perfect serving temperature for hours without overcooking and works with timed bake and delay cook settings, so meals are ready when you are.
- Built to cut down on soaking and scrubbing, dishwasher safe grates deliver a stable surface for cooking, while cleaning up quickly alongside your pots and pans.
- Easy Set™ electronic oven controls automate temperature, timer and other features so you can bake a pie, roast beef or cook a casserole with just the touch of a finger.
- Speed through post-cooking cleanup thanks to a porcelain cooktop surface that helps contain spills, resist scrapes and wipes clean quickly.
- A convenient storage drawer underneath the oven provides valuable space for storing baking sheets, pans and pizza trays, so they're out of the way but still within reach.
Added on July 02, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
My kitchen needed an update so I replaced my old working Kenmore with this model. I love the convection for uniformed cooking and browning. It was a great deal at Sears!
East Concord, NY
I was hesitant to buy this oven because of the fifth burner and because of the convection oven, not fully understanding what it was. I am so glad that I decided to purchase this one. I love the convection. It cooks food quicker and more evenly. I have not used the fifth burner, but it is small enough that it does not interfere with the use of the other four burners.
We are thrilled with this stove. Highly rated through Consumer Reports and at less than $200 more than a regular stove for the convection feature. Delivery was the next day and no problems with the installation.
Fort Wayne, IN
Lehigh Acres, FL
High Point, NC
This is far from the best range on the market. It's a fairly bare bones unit, but it is priced accordingly. The oven controls are simplistic. If you're looking for gadgets, this is not for you. The burners all seem to cook pretty even. I'm still not convinced the middle "griddle" burner is any better than using 2 side burners. However, I am going to give it more time to prove itself. The turbo burner is extremely powerful! The only complaints I have so far is that the oven racks are very flimsy and don't slide easily. The same can be said for the pull out drawer at the bottom. But then again this isn't a high end range so you get what you pay for.
Severna Park, MD
Stove is great - wasn't sure about the middle burner, we haven't used it yet, but we just slide our pots and pans around when we take them off the heat. Turbo boil is no joke - we had to stop using it on our tea kettle it was overheating the kettle. Boils large pots of water super fast.
Asbury Park, NJ
I have to say that this stove is beautiful! I love the heavy stainless knobs that come off for cleaning, the middle burner and the convection oven that baked so evenly.
Took us a while to make a selection for a gas range. Very happy we chose this one. Delivery and set-up went smooth. Burners work well, center burner nice option we did not have before. Initial cookies baked in the oven turned out great. Highly recommended.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 30-Sep-2014 See details.