Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range w/ Convection - Stainless SteelItem# 02274233000 | Model# 74233
|Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||46.625|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24.375" W x 18.625" H x 19.125" D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||5.0|
|Color and Styling:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Safety Features:||Oven control lockout|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Oven Light:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Broiler Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||13500|
|Main Oven Bake Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||18000|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||15 amps|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Burner Configuration:||1 - 14,200 BTU, 1 - 9,500 BTU, 1 - 5,000 BTU, 1 - 18,200 BTU, 1 - 10,000 BTU|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||6|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Number of Oven Racks:||2|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range - Simply Precise
The Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range 7423 is the ideal appliance for any kitchen. To bring items to a boil in the blink of an eye, use the high-powered Turbo Boil burner, or cook with odd-shaped pans easily on the oval center burner. With its electronic control panel and internal fan, the oven makes for ideal baking and roasting conditions, while the Warm & Hold function keeps dishes at serving temperature until they're ready to serve. Kitchens aren't complete without this freestanding gas range by Kenmore.
- Designed to eliminate hot spots and spread heat evenly, fan convection circulates hot air throughout the oven for more even cooking, browning and flavor sealed into every bite.
- Delivering an outstanding 18,200 BTUs of heating power, Gas Turbo Boil™ brings pots, pans and kettles to a boil rapidly, saving time and getting meals made fast.
- The 5,000 BTU Simmer Burner was designed to deliver reliable warming and ultra-low simmering with a consistent, precise flame, cutting down on scorched sauces and dried out dishes.
- Warm & Hold keeps dishes at the perfect serving temperature for hours without overcooking and works with timed bake and delay cook settings, so meals are ready when you are.
- Built to cut down on soaking and scrubbing, dishwasher safe grates deliver a stable surface for cooking, while cleaning up quickly alongside your pots and pans.
- Easy Set™ electronic oven controls automate temperature, timer and other features so you can bake a pie, roast beef or cook a casserole with just the touch of a finger.
- Speed through post-cooking cleanup thanks to a porcelain cooktop surface that helps contain spills, resist scrapes and wipes clean quickly.
- A convenient storage drawer underneath the oven provides valuable space for storing baking sheets, pans and pizza trays, so they're out of the way but still within reach.
Added on July 02, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchased this stove because it matched my dishwasher, was at my price point, had some nice features, and it seem to be of decent quality. When it first arrived they unpacked it by the truck and I noticed the entire right side of the oven bashed in. The second one that they delivered I definitely wanted to check it out in detail and noticed the rear panel had a flaw and was bent to a fold but the person who assembled it used the part anyway and screwed the defective part in. I showed the delivery guy this and he responded "all the stove have some problem and this actually isn't that bad". I couldn't believe that he actually said that to me. They took off the panel, unbent the fold and screwed it in. Well, it was true that the flaw wasn't a huge deal since it was in the rear but hey.... If I'm paying over $1,000 for an appliance shouldn't it be defect free. A matter of fact if I'm buying something at any price point new shouldn't it be free of flaws. Anyway, I didn't want to wait another week for the oven so I just took it but just wonder what other defect is in there internally that I didn't see. Hopefully, it wasn't like my dishwasher which was missing critical parts. Man, I wish I was rich so I could buy a higher quality appliances. Wish me luck...
I had this range delivered three days ago and I have been using it ever since! I am not a great cook, but I love to bake and this oven is the most accurate one I have had in a long time! I made cookies and bread and both came out great. The top is wonderful. I bought a non stick grill/griddle and have used it for steak, bacon, and grilled sandwiches already. It fits over the middle burner and heats evenly! This was not the priciest range, but it works so well, could not find anything wrong with it. No reason to spend more.
Quality at a great price.
We purchased this stove after returning a Kenmore model that was a downgrade from this one. However, this model stove looks very nice but the quality of the stove is not good. The oven works great it's the stove top that is horrible. The stove started making a popping/clicking noise while cooking on high or medium setting. I had to interrupt my cooking because the noise was loud and sounded very dangerous. I called Sears and spoke to a technician and requested for another stove to be delivered.After all, this stove was three days old and I love the way it looks in my kitchen. Another stove was delivered within two days. In addition, beware of the knobs getting hot if the oven is on at the same time.However, to make a long story short I had to returned the second stove and request for a full refund. I have always used Kenmore products but this model of Kenmore is not good.
Actually most thrilled with this item, out of all the appliances that we updated. Looks very nice. Convection oven is beneficial for roasting veggies quickly and crisply. Haven't tried it for baking. Cooking grates are heavy as expected, since full span vs. individual burner size. Very cautious about removing and replacing grates when cleaning, so as not to ding ss parts and black enamel cooktop (mentioned in some reviews). Very much appreciate storage drawer on bottom.
Just got our new stove and we love it. The black top with the stainless looks great in our "tuscan" kitchen. I've used many of the options (oven, broiler, timer, convection oven and oven) and I'm pleased with how they all function. The timer is a little odd (set timer then have to push "start" but I'm adjusting.
very good buy
Santa Rosa, CA
We've come such a long way to get convection with our ranges! I'd never had a convection oven and this is so much better than a regular oven for the even cooking! Range top is versatile and overall the unit looks very high end despite the affordable price!
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 30-Jul-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 20-Jun-2015 See details.
- Get 10% More than the Cash Savings Back in a Gift Card When You Pay Regular Price Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Save $20 when you buy both an Over the Range Microwave and a Range Sold by Sears! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.