Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range w/ Convection - Stainless SteelItem# 02274233000 | Model# 74233
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
|Approximate Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||46.625|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24.375" W x 18.625" H x 19.125" D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||5.0|
|Color and Styling:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Safety Features:||Oven control lockout|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Oven Light:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Broiler Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||13500|
|Main Oven Bake Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||18000|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||15 amps|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Burner Configuration:||1 - 14,200 BTU, 1 - 9,500 BTU, 1 - 5,000 BTU, 1 - 18,200 BTU, 1 - 10,000 BTU|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||6|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Number of Oven Racks:||2|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range - Simply Precise
The Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range 7423 is the ideal appliance for any kitchen. To bring items to a boil in the blink of an eye, use the high-powered Turbo Boil burner, or cook with odd-shaped pans easily on the oval center burner. With its electronic control panel and internal fan, the oven makes for ideal baking and roasting conditions, while the Warm & Hold function keeps dishes at serving temperature until they're ready to serve. Kitchens aren't complete without this freestanding gas range by Kenmore.
- Designed to eliminate hot spots and spread heat evenly, fan convection circulates hot air throughout the oven for more even cooking, browning and flavor sealed into every bite.
- Delivering an outstanding 18,200 BTUs of heating power, Gas Turbo Boil™ brings pots, pans and kettles to a boil rapidly, saving time and getting meals made fast.
- The 5,000 BTU Simmer Burner was designed to deliver reliable warming and ultra-low simmering with a consistent, precise flame, cutting down on scorched sauces and dried out dishes.
- Warm & Hold keeps dishes at the perfect serving temperature for hours without overcooking and works with timed bake and delay cook settings, so meals are ready when you are.
- Built to cut down on soaking and scrubbing, dishwasher safe grates deliver a stable surface for cooking, while cleaning up quickly alongside your pots and pans.
- Easy Set™ electronic oven controls automate temperature, timer and other features so you can bake a pie, roast beef or cook a casserole with just the touch of a finger.
- Speed through post-cooking cleanup thanks to a porcelain cooktop surface that helps contain spills, resist scrapes and wipes clean quickly.
- A convenient storage drawer underneath the oven provides valuable space for storing baking sheets, pans and pizza trays, so they're out of the way but still within reach.
Added on July 02, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Great stove. Cooked on turbo burner and the heat was constant. The scallops were perfect and the fries golden brown. Very happy with stove. Did not know that this was available. I guess updating is good, but want quality to last. Will try the simmer burner next as a slow cooker.
I love the middle burner and how the stove cooks so even, wow I love this stove. I have been wanting a new stove and this is the best deal I could find on a five burner convection oven, the knobs on the stove are really good looking and oneof the things i really like about the looks of the stove.
Is nice to see, good to use. Food is wonderful, but this is because my wife is great :-) !!! Anyway we like it... We ordered this item to be installed strictly on a date (during the remodeling of the kitchen). Everything was as expected. Good job.
Burners fail to work at times. At other times turning them on cancels the clock setting and/or shuts the oven off and cancels the timer. The problem was never accurately diagnosed and replacing multiple parts over 3 service calls did not correct the problems.
Central Islip, NY
This is a very well equipped stove especially at the price point. Some of the negatives I read mentioned the grate surface...it is indeed rough and leaves lint when cleaned with any cloth. I spray with a degreaser (inside my sink) sponge and spray off then allow to air dry...works great. Regarding the knobs not being labeled; they are labeled LO,MED and HIGH. Any recipe I ever followed use those terms and not numbers. Regarding oven "arrows" to set temperature, all digital ovens regardless of brand or price function the same way. So far so good. I have had 3 weeks now and no complaints yet.