Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range w/ Convection - WhiteItem# 02274232000 | Model# 74232
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
|Approximate Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||46.625|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24.375" W x 18.625" H x 19.125" D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||5.0|
|Color and Styling:|
|Safety Features:||Oven Control Lockout|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Oven Light:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Broiler Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||13500|
|Main Oven Bake Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||18000|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||15 amps|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Burner Configuration:||1 - 14,200 BTU, 1 - 9,500 BTU, 1 - 5,000 BTU, 1 - 18,200 BTU, 1 - 10,000 BTU|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||6|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Number of Oven Racks:||2|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range - Simply Precise
The Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range 7423 is the ideal appliance for any kitchen. To bring items to a boil in the blink of an eye, use the high-powered Turbo Boil burner, or cook with odd-shaped pans easily on the oval center burner. With its electronic control panel and internal fan, the oven makes for ideal baking and roasting conditions, while the Warm & Hold function keeps dishes at serving temperature until they're ready to serve. Kitchens aren't complete without this freestanding gas range by Kenmore.
- Designed to eliminate hot spots and spread heat evenly, fan convection circulates hot air throughout the oven for more even cooking, browning and flavor sealed into every bite.
- Delivering an outstanding 18,200 BTUs of heating power, Gas Turbo Boil™ brings pots, pans and kettles to a boil rapidly, saving time and getting meals made fast.
- The 5,000 BTU Simmer Burner was designed to deliver reliable warming and ultra-low simmering with a consistent, precise flame, cutting down on scorched sauces and dried out dishes.
- Warm & Hold keeps dishes at the perfect serving temperature for hours without overcooking and works with timed bake and delay cook settings, so meals are ready when you are.
- Built to cut down on soaking and scrubbing, dishwasher safe grates deliver a stable surface for cooking, while cleaning up quickly alongside your pots and pans.
- Easy Set™ electronic oven controls automate temperature, timer and other features so you can bake a pie, roast beef or cook a casserole with just the touch of a finger.
- Speed through post-cooking cleanup thanks to a porcelain cooktop surface that helps contain spills, resist scrapes and wipes clean quickly.
- A convenient storage drawer underneath the oven provides valuable space for storing baking sheets, pans and pizza trays, so they're out of the way but still within reach.
Added on July 02, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I love everything about this range. The very useful 5th burner, the versatile burner temps/capabilities and; most importantly, the convection oven for baking in addition to the regular baking option. This is, by far, the best range I've ever had the pleasure of owning.
Oil City, PA
Both my wife and I like the stove, but we agree that the timer is designed poorly. To use it you enter the time and push the same start button that you push to start the oven. However, when the timer goes off you hit the timer button to shut it off, not the stop button. We have both hit the stop button by mistake shutting down the oven when we didn't want to and screwed up stuff we were trying to bake. Maybe we're just dumb, but I'll bet this has been a problem for others as well. We solved it by using a different timer.
Loving this range...it cooks evenly. It has options on top with the different burners. Really loving the middle burner in which a griddle can be lad on top for cooking or grilling. The convection option is great. With the sale price this was a 5 star purchase.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Very nice stove, changed from electric to gas and am well pleased with this range. It bakes very evenly and is easy to use. I highly recommend this product and the sale price at Sears was great.
New York, NY
the oven heats terrifically well and evenly, and the variable burners are a dream. i was heartbroken to lose my half-century old antique but this stove has made 21st century cooking a breeze
Miller Place, NY
This oven is everything we wanted. The convection feature cooks faster and more evenly. The 5 burners and grate system allows you to move pots without lifting them. The high heat burner boils water very quickly.
My old oven broke a week before Thanksgiving.I cook EVERYTHING for the big day. I was worried about trying to cook a 21lb turkey in a convection oven because they cook differently than a standard oven. BEST TURKEY EVER, moist & flavorful, beautifully browned in a little over 2 hours. The pies and side dishes were amazing as well. Can't wait to start my Holiday baking for Christmas!
My new gas range is wonderful. I lost my spacious drawer that I had with my electric range and my sturdy oven racks or I would rate this range as excellent.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 02-Aug-2014 See details.
- BONUS DAYS! Extra 5% or 0% financing for 12 months on appliances over $499 with your Sears Card Offer ends 24-Jul-2014 See details.
- Extra Savings on Kenmore appliances Sold by Sears! Offer ends 26-Jul-2014 See details.