Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range w/ Convection - WhiteItem# 02274232000 | Model# 74232
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
|Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||46.625|
|Main Oven Interior Dimensions (WxHxD):||24.375" W x 18.625" H x 19.125" D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||5.0|
|Color and Styling:|
|Safety Features:||Oven Control Lockout|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Surface:||Gas: sealed burners|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Oven Light:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Broiler Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||13500|
|Main Oven Bake Burner BTUs (NG/LP):||18000|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||15 amps|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Burner Configuration:||1 - 14,200 BTU, 1 - 9,500 BTU, 1 - 5,000 BTU, 1 - 18,200 BTU, 1 - 10,000 BTU|
|Main Oven Number of Rack Positions:||6|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Number of Oven Racks:||2|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range - Simply Precise
The Kenmore 5.0 cu. ft. Freestanding Gas Range 7423 is the ideal appliance for any kitchen. To bring items to a boil in the blink of an eye, use the high-powered Turbo Boil burner, or cook with odd-shaped pans easily on the oval center burner. With its electronic control panel and internal fan, the oven makes for ideal baking and roasting conditions, while the Warm & Hold function keeps dishes at serving temperature until they're ready to serve. Kitchens aren't complete without this freestanding gas range by Kenmore.
- Designed to eliminate hot spots and spread heat evenly, fan convection circulates hot air throughout the oven for more even cooking, browning and flavor sealed into every bite.
- Delivering an outstanding 18,200 BTUs of heating power, Gas Turbo Boil™ brings pots, pans and kettles to a boil rapidly, saving time and getting meals made fast.
- The 5,000 BTU Simmer Burner was designed to deliver reliable warming and ultra-low simmering with a consistent, precise flame, cutting down on scorched sauces and dried out dishes.
- Warm & Hold keeps dishes at the perfect serving temperature for hours without overcooking and works with timed bake and delay cook settings, so meals are ready when you are.
- Built to cut down on soaking and scrubbing, dishwasher safe grates deliver a stable surface for cooking, while cleaning up quickly alongside your pots and pans.
- Easy Set™ electronic oven controls automate temperature, timer and other features so you can bake a pie, roast beef or cook a casserole with just the touch of a finger.
- Speed through post-cooking cleanup thanks to a porcelain cooktop surface that helps contain spills, resist scrapes and wipes clean quickly.
- A convenient storage drawer underneath the oven provides valuable space for storing baking sheets, pans and pizza trays, so they're out of the way but still within reach.
Added on July 02, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
After a few times using this range, my wife wiped it down with a paper towel only to have a large flake of the finish come off. We thought, "Oh that's too bad. Must be a manufacturing defect" so we called Sears and had them send someone out to look at it. The tech that came said, "That's a defect, and given that you've only just bought this, it should be no trouble getting you a replacement cooktop". So he ordered that, and we had to wait a month for it to arrive. Only it never did. So when the next tech came to install it, it wasn't here, and he had to order another one. A few weeks later, it arrived... chipped and scratched. The tech ordered another one which we received 2 days ago. There was a chip in this one too, but in an inconspicuous spot, so I figured we'd buy some touch up paint (for our brand new top) and just touch it up. I also noticed some glue on the enamel, so I grabbed a damp paper towel and wiped off... A BIG FLAKE OF THE FINISH. I give up. I am basically done with Kenmore now. I'll buy brands with the actual manufacturer's name on them from now on. This has been a horrible purchasing experience for me. Functionally the range is a joy to cook on.
Kenmore really got it right with this one. I love my stove with the 5th burner. It is so great to cook bacon, it cooks evenly and cooks more quickly. Please add cooking recipes.
La Grange, IL
i have used this range for three weeks. I love everything about it. The grates stay in place. It is very easy to clean spills after a meal. The turbo burner is great. Boiling water is fast! The oven heats well and evenly. Very happy!
Amazing quality for the money! Easy to clean, perfect heat distribution, Dishwasher safe (no rust, rubber feet stay attached) top grates. Clear straightforward design and controls (though oddly reversed from my electric range).. Negatives.. The bottom drawer is shallow and flimsy with a poor rail guide requiring a dry lube and no heavy glass pan stowage in them. And I recommend that if you are very satisfied with the sturdiness of your (same width) oven racks that you keep yours and transfer them over as these, as most newer ovens, disappoint in the quality of this respect. We had a tea kettle boil over which put out the entire flame and it did not relight...this could be an issue if you leave your cooking unattended. I recommend a self relighting model if you can afford a little more. But convection..HUGE plus! Prepare for additional heat and moisture output in your home as Nat gas has up to (depending on your supplier/distributor) 5%-13% water moisture. This shows up as extra heat and moisture condensation on windows and windowsills. This is not a defect in design! Gas is the perfect cooking method! Just ensure proper ventilation. As a very experienced home chef who cooks meals for up to 25 people sitting at once, I am quite pleased with the overall value for the money. I now have two gas ranges, one with open top grill for the kitchen. I look forward to many grand suppers with our extended families!
Cedar Rapids, IA
I really like this oven! Converted from gas to electric. It was well worth it to pay a little more for convection. The oven heats quickly and bakes evenly. I appreciate the power boil.
I love everything about this range. The very useful 5th burner, the versatile burner temps/capabilities and; most importantly, the convection oven for baking in addition to the regular baking option. This is, by far, the best range I've ever had the pleasure of owning.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 28-Mar-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified Appliances over $299 or Special Financing with Sears Card! Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.