Kenmore 5.8 cu. ft. Electric Range - Stainless SteelItem# 02292183000 | Model# 92183
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Color and Styling:|
|Color Family:||Stainless steel|
|Safety Features:||Console controlled child lockout|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Surface:||Electric: induction glass surface|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||Self-cleaning|
|Approximate Width:||30 in. (standard)|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||5.4|
|Power Cord Included:||No|
|Main Oven Broiler Wattage:||4000|
|Main Oven Bake Element Wattage:||3500|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts and labor|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||4|
|Number of Oven Racks:||3|
|Number of Ovens:||Single oven|
|Oven Door Window Type:||Extra-large|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 5.8 cu. ft. Electric Range - Fast, Flexible Cooking
The Kenmore electric range 9218 offers everything a cook could want from a stove, and then some. The fast-heating glass cooktop features four induction elements that heat the pan, not the cooktop. The PrecisionSet controls allow near instantaneous temperature changes. The spacious, three-rack oven makes entertaining easy with room for four 12 lb. turkeys plus three 9" pies. Whether a novice or a gourmet, every cook will love this Kenmore Electric Range.
- Designed to eliminate hot spots and spread heat evenly, fan convection circulates hot air throughout the oven for more even cooking, browning and flavor sealed into every bite.
- By producing a magnetic field which heats pots and pans directly, cutting-edge Induction Cooking brings your favorite meals to a boil quickly, saving time and resources.
- Power Boost temporarily boosts induction output to pots, skillets and pans, helping deliver a spike in temperature to crisp sandwiches, melt cheeses and speed meals to the table.
- Precision Set™ ESEC Controls and a digital readout let you make precise adjustments from simmer to a rolling boil, giving you control and accuracy with every meal.
- The Self-cleaning function conveniently cleans the oven's interior using high temperatures to burn spills, soil and soot away without a bit of scrubbing.
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Enjoy the cooking control (ie, going from boiling to medium doesn't boil over, the burner temp is close to instant). The blue LED display is bad for all devices, but usable. Easy to maintain a clean cooking surface. Don't like the oven bulb replacement high cost. Surface controls are touch, very nice to use. Have not learned how to use the timer while the oven is running, I seem to shut the oven off when the timer goes off, however everyone else in the family know how to work the timer. Very pleased with this purchase. Induction stove top is the way to go :)
I have had this stove for about two years now, and it is great. We do not have a gas line anywhere near our house, so a gas stove was not an option. I had heard about induction stoves and was hoping they were as good as they say. It was all true. Pans heat up very quickly and respond instantly to increase and decreases in heat. A negative to induction is probably that you have to have magnetic pots and pans to use the stove, but we were lucky in that 90% of our cookware was already compatible with this stove. The stove does make a buzzing noise when it is heating the pan, but this does not bother me at all, given the speed and ease with which it works. Also, since the stove itself does not get hot (only the pan does) cleaning the glass stove top is a cinch. If a pot boils over, I just lift the pan and wipe up the spilled food - again, the stove top does not get hot except to the extent the pan heats the stovetop. That means that food does not cook onto the cooktop. One drawback is that the two left and the two right burners are connected electrically. This means that you cannot have two pans on the left both turned up to high. You also cannot have two pans on the right turned up to high. You can only have one pan on the right and one on the left turned up to high at any given time. This has been an issue for me maybe once in the last year, so it has not been a big deal. Another criticism is the funky layout of the burners - I have pretty much found it impossible to fit four pans on the four burners all at the same time. I don't know why they messed around with the layout of the stove and deviated from the traditional square placement of burners, but they did. Having said all that, the induction cooktop alone was worth every penny we paid for this stove. The oven, which is a convection oven, is also great. For one thing, it's ENORMOUS. This stove unit is the same size as our previous stove unit and the oven is twice as big. I can fit a 25lb Thanksgiving turkey, two baking dishes of stuffing and two pies into the oven at one time. And the convection means that everything ends up cooked nicely and evenly. I would recommend this stove to anyone. It was a fantastic buy for us.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore appliances. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 21-Mar-2014 See details.