Kenmore 30'' Electric Induction Cooktop Stainless Steel w/ BlackItem# 02243800000 | Model# 43800
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||46|
|Minimum Clearance Above Cooktop (in.):||30|
|Minimum Clearance Below Cooktop (in.):||4.5|
|Minimum Clearance to Front of Counter (in.):||2.5|
|Minimum Clearance to Left Wall (in.):||7.50|
|Minimum Clearance to Rear Wall (in.):||1.5|
|Minimum Clearance to Right Wall (in.):||7.5|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Zones:||None, fixed elements/burners|
|Cooktop Control Type:||Electronic|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||4|
|Styling & Design:|
|Cooking Surface:||Electric: induction glass surface|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Gas or Electric:||Electric|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||40 amps|
|Total Connected Load:||7.4 kW @ 240V / 6.7 kW @ 208V|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts and labor|
|Safety/In-Use Indicator:||Hot surface indicator(s)|
|Element Configuration:||Large, 7 in. to 9 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 30" Electric Induction Cooktop - Efficient and Safe
Cooking has never been easier with the Kenmore electric induction cooktop 4380. Using electromagnetic energy, this induction cooktop heats faster and uses less energy than conventional cooktops. The ceramic glass surface is easy to clean and cooler to the touch. The four individual cooking zones each have 15 power settings, offering greater flexibility and precision over your cooking. From the ability to keep food at a precise cooking temperature after it's done to detecting the pan size, this Kenmore Induction Cooktop is an essential addition to any kitchen.
- By producing a magnetic field which heats pots and pans directly, cutting-edge Induction Cooking brings your favorite meals to a boil quickly, saving time and resources.
- Power Boost temporarily boosts induction output to pots, skillets and pans, helping deliver a spike in temperature to crisp sandwiches, melt cheeses and speed meals to the table.
- Perfect for late-comers and keeping dishes warm while you prep the rest of the meal, the keep warm surface burner setting delivers consistently mild heat, without overcooking.
- Precision Touchª controls feature a one-touch keypad control so you can select from more than a dozen heating and warming options tailored to help every meal taste its best.
- The pan size detection sensor tailors energy output to fit pots and pans of varying size, so over- and under-heating is eliminated and cooking is consistent.
Added on May 19, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I've had this stovetop for about two years now. I will never go back! There is a small learning curve. It's easy to use too high heat. I had to ditch some of my old pans but I found some nice stainless steel ones at discount stores like Ross and Burlington. You will be amazed at how fast it cooks. It's easy to clean also. I bought an extended warranty but haven't used it yet.
Easy to keep clean and safer than any other cooktop I've ever used.
Despite thinking it would take new cookware, was able to find a converter disc for the burners \and able to use all my current Calphalon and AllClad cookware. Easy to use, cool to the touch, only the cooking vessel maintains the heat. Foods cook much quicker than with conventional cooktops. Easy to clean. A joy for those who have problems with knobs for temperature on cooktops. touch button easy, with a warmer button which has been a great addition to the cooking process.
I love this cooktop. I love the instant power level and how easy the cooktop is to take care of. I wash it off and the put white vinegar in water and wipe it again and buff with a microfiber cloth. Always looks nice.
Purchased 5 years ago and it no longer works. Had Sears service come out and they found the filter board had gone bad. $1,400+ to fix it. Paid 1,500 for the unit in the first place. Also LEDs have gone bad on it too so some elements are hard to read. Can't even find parts to replace those. Pretty crappy stuff. Cannot recommend anyone buy one of these.
This unit has a design flaw that will blow a fuse on the main control board. To repair, expect to spend $600 if you do it yourself or more for service to deal with it for you. Expect to pay this every 4 to 5 years. If you do purchase, buy the extended warranty and keep the number handy as you WILL have to call! Induction is great and if you can afford a new stovetop every 5 years, go for it.
this is the second induction cooktop I have an I love both of them. it heats up so fast and cooks wonderfully. it is easy to clean with stove top cleaner. I won't go back to gas.
THIS IS MY SECOND "DEAD" INDUCTION COOKTOP. THE FIRST ONE DIED RIGHT AFTER MY FIVE YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY EXPIRED. THIS ONE DIED AFTER ONLY SEVEN MONTHS. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT IT IS COVERED BY BOTH THE MANUFACTUERS WARRANTY AND AN EXTENDED WARRANTY . . . SO IN A WEEK, MAYBE, I'LL BE ABLE TO COOK AGAIN. I. WILL. NEVER. BUY. ANOTHER. KENMORE. INDUCTION. COOKTOP. NEVER, EVER! AND YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER. THEY ARE NOT RELIABLE.
I purchased this year and 1/2 ago, worked great up till a few days ago. Now it has a error code on the range resulting in it not working at all just blinks error. Called Sears service tech, he tells me be ready for a heavy bill as the unit is basicaly like a computer. Then tells me it may cost more to repair and you may want to buy a new unit and went on to say it will just keep having issues if I do fix it. So now I have a $1500 paper weight and I'm going to buy a new NON-Induction unit. DO NOT BUY!!!!!
Port Townsend, WA
Induction technology is amazing. You will not be disappointed by the performance, short term. Do your homework, look at other Kenmore induction ranges. The high reviews are because there is no other stove that compares, the low reviews are that they all tend to fail before their reasonable life should expire, 5-7 years, which is typically outside of the extended warranty period. If you are okay with spending 2K on a stove that will last 5-7 years, buy it . If not, look elsewhere.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 20-Jun-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 20-Jun-2015 See details.
- Get 8-pack Washcloths for $2.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Members get $15 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 26-May-2015 See details.
- Get 10% More than the Cash Savings Back in a Gift Card When You Pay Regular Price Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase! Offer ends 01-Jul-2015 See details.