Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||33|
|Minimum Clearance Above Cooktop (in.):||18.0|
|Minimum Clearance Below Cooktop (in.):||12.0|
|Minimum Clearance to Front of Counter (in.):||2.5|
|Minimum Clearance to Left Wall (in.):||7.5|
|Minimum Clearance to Rear Wall (in.):||2.0|
|Minimum Clearance to Right Wall (in.):||7.5|
|Controls and Features:|
|Cooking Zones:||Dual and fixed elements|
|Cooktop Control Location:||Right|
|Cooktop Control Type:||Electronic|
|Number of Elements/Burners:||5|
|Color Matching Controls:||Yes|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Styling & Design:|
|Cooking Bay Style:||Fixed Bays|
|Cooking Surface:||Electric: radiant glass surface|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Gas or Electric:||Electric|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||40 amps|
|General Warranty:||1 year parts and labor|
|Safety/In-Use Indicator:||Hot surface indicator(s)|
|Element Configuration:||2 - 9"/ 6" 2500W: 2 - 6" 1200W: 1 - 6" warming zone|
|Installable Over Oven:||Cannot install over oven|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 30" Electric Cooktop — Sleek and Functional
The Kenmore electric cooktop 4540 features a radiant ceramic glass cooking surface with "All Touch" controls. The cooktop features two expandable 9 in./6 in. elements, two 6 in. radiant elements, and one 6 in. warming zone. It also boasts integrated indicator lights with LED readout that alert you when surfaces are still too hot to touch.
- Durable and sleek, the ceramic glass cooktop adds a modern look to the kitchen while cleaning spills easily, fending off scrapes and avoiding damage from dropped utensils
- Sleek glass touch electronic controls make operating your element controls quick and easy, while the smooth, flat surface makes cleaning a breeze
- The dual elements feature 6 in. to 9 in. sizes, giving pots and pans the fit they need for even heat and optimum cooking
- From frying eggs and browning meat to boiling water and warming soup, 1,200 watt elements deliver the wide range of heat you need for everyday cooking
- A 6 in. warming zone on the cooktop keeps food warm and ready to serve without overcooking, so everything is ready at once
- Indicator lights shine bright when elements are on, helping prevent burns and other accidents, while reminding you to turn them off when your food is done
- Frameless design allows cooktop to sit flush with the counter-top for a stylish, sleek look
Added on April 10, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Touch controls are easy to work and I love the fact that the adjustable burners are in the front. Installation was more difficult than anticipated. I had a ten year old GE profile 30 inch cooktop and initially this cooktop was just a half inch too large. We had to have our granite countertop cut to make it fit, but it was worth it.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 07-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 14-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 23-Feb-2015 See details.