Kenmore 27'' Electric Self-Clean Single Wall Oven - BlackItem# 02249409000 | Model# 49409
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Cutout Dimensions:||See Installation Guide below product description|
|Depth with Door Open (in.):||45.5|
|Door Opening Height (In.):||20.5|
|Door Opening Width (In.):||16.5|
|Interior Dimensions:||20.50" W x 16.50" H x 18.03" D|
|Main Oven Capacity (cu. ft.):||3.8|
|Controls and Features:|
|Styling & Design:|
|Oven Door Style:||With Window|
|Bake Element Wattage:||2700|
|Main Oven Broiler Wattage:||3400|
|Gas or Electric:||Electric|
|Minimum Circuit Rating:||20 amps|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Total Connected Load:||3.4 kW @ 240V / 2.6 kW @ 208V|
|Upper/Single Oven Configuration:|
|Broiler Location:||Top of oven|
|Light(s) Type:||Standard (incandescent)|
|Number of Oven Racks:||2|
|Number of Oven Rack Positions:||4|
|Design & Construction:|
|Oven Door Latch:||Manual|
|Bake Element Location:||Beneath oven floor|
|Convection Location(s):||No Convection|
|Oven Cleaning Method:||All self-clean|
|Overall Type:||Single oven|
|Venting:||Located between oven door and control panel|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 27" Self-Clean Electric Single Wall Oven - Seamless Style and Convenience
The black Kenmore Electric Single Oven 4940 has convenient self-cleaning oven. Its frameless, flush door design adds a stylish look. Enjoy the many attributes this oven has to offer, such as the Warm & Hold feature and the lockout feature that is activated by the simple push of a button.
- Warm & Hold keeps dishes at the perfect serving temperature for hours without overcooking and works with timed bake and delay cook settings, so meals are ready when you are
- The Hidden Bake element delivers ample heat while, out of the way, it increases oven capacity and eases clean-up
- The variable broiler lets you set the broiler anywhere between 350 degrees and full broil, for a wide range of meats, melts and meals
- From keeping a stack of pizzas toasty to cooking Thanksgiving dinner, this Kenmore delivers plenty of room, so you can load it up and enjoy hot, delicious meals, treats and more
- Simple push-button oven control lockout prevents accidents and temperature tampering by securing settings in an instant, perfect when little ones are around
- The Variable Self Clean feature lets you choose the cleaning time from 2 to 4 hours, so you can save time and energy when the oven only needs a quick touch-up
- With a long-lasting finish that's less likely to tarnish or discolor than others, porcelain-coated oven racks keep foods from sticking and make cleanup fast
- The oven light comes on automatically when the oven door is opened and can be activated at any time to check on cooking progress
- The wall oven fits flush to the cabinetry for a sleek, stylish built-in look
Added on April 09, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I have not been too excited by this purchase. It fit perfect in the cabinet but I am not happy about the fan running all the time. I am wondering if I will even be able to bake in the summer as it seems to put warm air into the kitchen enough to notice a real temperature change. Today I noticed when I pull out the racks they tilt downwards. This is a problem when I was checking to see if my baked goods were done. It seems to take longer to warm up and to bake. I probably would not have bought this item if I knew these things before hand.
The inside of the oven has way more space than the previous 27 inch G.E. My husband and son were able to remove the old oven and replace it with this Kenmore without having to purchase any other parts. The oven door has a large glass window making it easy to see inside. It takes a longer time to preheat the oven. Once turrned on the fan comes on and stays on long after the oven is turned off. The fan is loud; whereas the former oven made almost no noise. There is not a broiler pan included with the oven, but am able to use the one from the previous oven.
Have owned this unit 4 years. Used self cleaning twice and both times it blows to relay switch in the back each time..which means calling service dept and they have to pull unit and replace to the tune of approx $200.00. I would not suggest buying this unit.
i d read all the reviews on kenmore wall ovens but bought this model anyway since this particular one only had 3 reviews total and none under 3. now mind you ive only had it about 3 weeks but have used it six times. when it was installed instead of breaking it in by the bood i set it for self clean for 455 minutes. worked great. So contrary to whqat the other reviews said, this is what it didnt do. It didnt pop the internal fuse when set to self clean at 4540 degrees. it didnt smoke unbearably when first used. It didnt take forever to reach set temperature and it wasnt of by ecven one degree according to a independant hanging thermometer. It didnt make loud fan noise, ande it didnt take a week to cool down. Buy this machine you wont go wrong
I purchased this Kenmore to replace my 15 year old GE Profile. The old GE had a broken upper heating element and/or control board. The cost of replacing the heating element is 120, the control board is 220, if I can manage to do it myself. If I have to have the parts installed for me, it will cost over 500. So instead I purchased this Kenmore new for a bit more than replacement GE parts. Before purchasing, I read the manual on Sears.com to make sure our cabinet fits. Once that's confirmed, the installation was a breeze. This Kenmore has pretty much the same features as my 15 year old GE. The Kenmore interior is about 1.5 inch wider than my old GE. It's not built as solid as the 15 year old oven (like everything else nowadays). The rack is hard to push in since the interior wall is not even and has slight buckles. I read reviews about the fan before purchase, but still the fan annoys me. The fan starts as the oven starts, and continue for an hour after the oven is turned off. The old GE was... soundless, I didn't know if the GE profile was on or off. It would be hard to miss this oven given the FAN! I almost returned the oven because of the fan, but decided it's too much trouble. But I did keep the old GE in the garage just in case. I also figure out to stub out the light while keeping the door open after turning off, which shortens the FAN operations from one hour to less than 10 minutes. It's a low tech solution but it works. Other than the fan, I would say the Kenmore performs to my expectation. Preheating takes a little longer. The temperature is persistent and accurate (even if not, it can be calibrated). It bakes evenly front and back, up and down (this part it does better than the 15 year old GE). Digital panel functions are simple and basic, just like the old GE Profile. Since I bought the Kenmore at a sale from Sears (plus 15% for applying a Sears store card), I am happy that I got a brand new oven, with the same cost as repairing a 15 year old GE. I hope this oven can last at least 10 years, then it will really be a great buy!
Sears makes it so easy to purchase appliances. The price is right and the services is excellent. That is why Sears is the only place we go when we need a new appliance.
I like this wall oven but it does have a few issues that bother me. One is an all-glass front that seems to be easy to brake. Another issue is a very slow warm-up time. It takes 20 minutes for this oven to reach a preheat temperature of 375 degrees F. I have to keep this in mind and always start the oven earlier than I would like. Also, the fan runs all the time the oven is on and even after it shuts off until it cools down. I have to keep the door open after it shuts off to make the fan go off in a reasonable time period.
Love the oven but 2 problems..it is 2" smaller than my other oven in the interior and the front is all glass...beautiful but I'm worried that it might be too delicate.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances or special financing with Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.