Kenmore 24'' Portable Dishwasher - Black ENERGY STAR®Item# 02217159000 | Model# 17159
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 24" Portable Dishwasher - Cleaning Convenience
The Kenmore 24" portable dishwasher 1715 is just the right size for your small kitchen space. Though it weighs a mere 150 lbs., the unit is sturdy and stable and more than capable of tackling a full load of dishes. The Kenmore 1715 comes with a butcher-block laminated top that can double as a work surface. The impressive capacity accommodates up to 10 place settings and includes a silverware basket for your utensils. The Kenmore 24" portable dishwasher is the right choice to help maximize any small kitchen.
- The ENERGY STAR® qualified UltraWash HE System uses up to 40% less electricity and 68% less water than some dishwashers, for a powerful clean that uses fewer resources.
- The UltraWash® HE Filter traps food particles and keeps them from re-entering the dishwasher, so water is cleaner and dishes shine bright.
- The Sanitizing Rinse Cycle is NSF-certified to remove 99.99% of bacteria left on dishes, pots, pans and utensils, for a healthier kitchen and dishes clean enough to eat off of.
- Featuring rapid cleaning power, the 1-Hour Wash Cycle speeds your dishes, silverware and stemware back into service.
- A powerful coil raises interior temperatures quickly and holds them high until every dish, pan and utensil is dry, so you don't have to do it by hand.
- Perfect for a household with young kids, Control Lock secures the dishwasher interface from being activated, so little hands get into less trouble.
Added on February 06, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Little Falls, MN
This dishwasher showed up right on schedule, and was beautiful straight out of the box. Note that the sides are the same color of black as the front is. (Our old dishwasher had a black front, but white sides). It is very large on the inside, with plenty of room for dishes, etc. What really shocked my wife and I is how quiet this is! Our old dishwasher was MUCH louder than this. Being quieter hasn't affected how clean it gets the dishes though. They come out spotless. We'd been looking at portable dishwashers for quite awhile and are extremely happy we picked this one.
I bought my 24 inch Maytag portable this past spring. It is a great machine! It can handle anything, even oatmeal bowls that were never rinsed and are now like cement. Full loads of dirty dishes are no problem at all. Rolls around easily and the wood top is great. I run it every day and sometimes twice a day (since spring) and not one issue.
I bought this one to replace an older model of the exact same thing. We accidentally broke the door on the older one. About the only thing I like on this one is there's a tiny window to see how much rinse aid is left, and the knife holder in the silverware basket. This new model takes up to 5 hrs to run a regular cycle. The dishes on the bottom get cleaned ok but the top rack gets these long cruddy black marks on the glasses & bowls. I have no idea what's from. The cycles take so long that the tap water from the sink connection sits too long and gets cold. We bought this in June '14, and our family is small so we probably only use this 2-3 times a month (paper plates & cleaning/reusing glasses the rest of the time!), I've tried all the cycles on this but I'm not sure if the machine's programming is correct as it sits idle too long between cycles. I wish I had my old portable Kennmore back! This unit is far less in strength & power for washing. Looking to see if it can be replaced or not. Very lousy washer compared to what I had.
Elmwood Park, IL
I was spending at least one hour per day washing dishes and baby bottles in our apartment so I was insistent that we get a dishwasher in our house. I'm glad we did. I like that the sides are black to match the front and that it looks like another counter in our corner. Its not that heavy to pull over to the sink. It also gets the dishes really really clean and sparkely- much better than by hand. I'm a little baffled that its an energy efficient machine when it takes over 1 hour to do a load but I try to save a bit by not using the heated dry. The top is also a decent size and the perfect height if I need to use it as an island for food prep. It was a little surprising the first few times when I heard the water emptying out into the sink but there is not really any way around that and I'm used to it now and besides the water emptying it is really quiet and I don't even notice it. I would buy this again.
Staten Island, NY
Very satisfied. Works great! Spacious interior and everything comes out very clean. I waited 7 months before writing review to make sure I was giving the most accurate critique. I would definitely recommend.
I have only had it for a couple of weeks, but since I bought this portable dishwasher used, and it was already two years old when I got it, so I can say that it still does a great job. It performs better than a cheap built in dishwasher I had a few years ago and it has plenty of space (more than my former built in!). I don't pre-rinse dishes, all I do is scrape the rests of food and all my dishes and cutlery come sparking clean. I don't use cheap detergent because I think it makes a big difference in the results. Also, in order to save $, I don't use the heat dry option, I just open the door when the cycle is done and most dishes dry in less than an hour. Dishes and cutlery come out cleaner and shinier than when I was doing them by hand. I have heard that some black dishwashers have white sides, this one has all black sides. I would recommend this dishwasher, way better than doing dishes by hand.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 02-May-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 08-Apr-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 02-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.