Like this model? Let us show you something you?ll Love.View upgrades
Kenmore 24 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator w/ Internal Water Dispenser - Black ENERGY STAR®Item# 04679439000 | Model# 79439
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore is America's # 1 appliance brand, trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
No other top-freezer refrigerator has more capacity than the 24 cu. ft. Kenmore 79439 refrigerator.* You can enjoy greater storage space for the foods you love, in the same 33-in. wide space as standard-size top-freezer refrigerators. It’s truly a breakthrough.As the largest-capacity top-freezer refrigerator from Kenmore, the black Kenmore 7243 refrigerator with an internal water dispenser features door bins that can hold deep and tall items, a full-width pantry drawer and 2 spacious humidity-controlled crisper drawers. Even its interior LED lighting has a space-saving design to leave more room for food.
- An internal filtered water dispenser in the fresh-food compartment is activated with a paddle control which allows for quick and easy one-handed filling of glasses and containers
- Features the largest Kenmore top-freezer door bin capacity ever **
- Door bins are deep enough to hold gallon-size containers, tall enough to hold 2-liter bottles and wide enough to store more than a case of canned beverages (12 oz. each) in a single bin
- Factory-installed icemaker automatically creates crescent-shaped ice
- Recessed LED lighting in both the freezer and the fresh-food compartment provide excellent illumination
- Multi Air Flow Technology features strategically placed vents to balance the cool air throughout the entire refrigerator, so even the items on the door stay cool
- Electronic control with simple touch adjustment and LED display monitors temperature to help make sure the refrigerator maintains optimal temperature
- Clear, full-width pantry drawer provides extra-large drawer storage for deli meats, cheeses and even hard-to-fit items like party platters, sheet cakes and more
- 2 spacious, clear humidity-controlled crisper drawers offer ample space for fresh fruits and vegetables, with adjustable humidity levels to help keep produce at its freshest
- Full-width, adjustable glass shelves in the fresh-food compartment and in freezer are simple to adjust and spills can be cleaned up easily
- Gracefully contoured, reversible refrigerator and freezer doors with sleek metal handles can be set to swing to the left or right, for flexible installation options
- This Kenmore refrigerator meets ENERGY STAR® standards, so you can save money on your utility bills and help conserve our precious natural resources
*Among leading brands' standard 33-in. top-freezer refrigerators, based on AHAM standards
**Among refrigerators with AHAM capacity greater than 20 cu. ft.; storage space measured using Kenmore Brand Standards)
Added on August 25, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Overall we're happy with this fridge. It's huge, offering a lot of space. Love the internal water dispenser. There are a few things that I wish we knew about though. The top freezer door isn't a tight close. It's too easy to open up. When you open and close the fridge door, the freezer door jumps open and closes. Had a technician come out and was told that it's normal on today's top freezers. It's functional and doesn't appear to affect the freezer temp, it's just annoying b/c I constantly check it to ensure it's closed. If you're looking to display your kiddos work on this fridge, forget it. The doors are not magentic. Didn't know this when purchased, although not a big deal to us. Lastly, the blue plastic at the bottom of the freezer and top of fridge door were removed, it left behing a discoloration that we're still trying to rectify. Seems to go away when we use the stainless steel cleaner, but does come back.
Compared to my old side by side this refrigerator has huge internal capacity. The freezer is at eye level so no more digging through the freezer and you can fit a pizza box anywhere in the fridge. The configuration of shelves and drawers is perfect. Love the huge flat drawer - again no digging. Can fit 2.5 gallons of milk on the door and on top shelf. Water dispenser is great - sucks water back up once you pull your cup away so doesn't end up spilling all over the fridge. Ice maker works well. The drawbacks - the lights on either side of fridge look like runway landing strips, as a result the top shelf can be a bit dark. The only other drawback which might give you pause is that the refrigerator does (at times) make a humming noise (kind of like the "old time" refrigerators did). If you are sensitive to noise you might not like this - right now I am sitting in the living room and can hear the "hum" in the kitchen. But for me the benefits far exceed the drawbacks!
I was in the market for a side by side but with the measurements I required I was disappointed that the inside was not spacious enough. This top freezer refrigerator is not only spacious but the inside water dispenser is a nice touch. The doors hold gallon drinks which free up the shelves. The full lengh deli drawer is great for butter and other things. Plus I love the led lightening inside.
We have only had this about 2 weeks, but so far we really like it. It is very roomy. The top freezer is also roomy. Love the LED lighting. The water dispenser inside is also a plus. Had a side-by-side before and this one seems to have so much more usable space inside. It does make a humming (or buzzing) noise when it runs, but its not an issue.
Reasonably priced, cool LED lighting, bigger than our old Kenmore that we loved that had split glass shelves. This one has nice built in handles on the veggie/fruit bins. Great fridge for under a grand. Although saleslady recommended the ones with freezer on the bottom, we are short in stature and the fridge works better. Lots of door room too for condiments, double gallons of milk, etc... Large meat tray for entertaining is a plus.
We shopped for months to find a fridge that would fit in our smaller space but that still had great features and a decent price. This fridge definitely exceeded our expectations. It's HUGE inside compared to everything else we looked at! Love having the internal water dispenser. This fridge is very well lit, and everything is within sight. The capacity on the door is absolutely amazing. We've had this fridge now for a month and so far there is not one thing I would change about it.
Chapel Hill, NC
I am so disappointed! The refrigerator has many pluses - a 33" width, spacious interior, ice maker and filtered water dispenser. However the reason I purchased this unit was because it had such good reviews, some specifically indicating that it was quiet. Unfortunately, this refrigerator is anything but quiet. Whenever the compressor runs - and it runs a lot - there is a loud and very irritating buzzing that can even be heard in the next room. I can drown out the sound by running my dishwasher, exhaust fan or playing music but cannot enjoy peace and quiet for any extended time because of the fridge noise. The ice maker also is loud, but that noise is infrequent and tolerable. I have arranged for the return of this unit. Now comes the difficult job of finding a refrigerator that really is quiet.
I was a little leery about getting a top freezer fridge, just because I'm used to a bottom freezer and the space allocation in a top freezer can be iffy. However, I loved this fridge the moment I got it. It's easy to organize and the freezer has plenty of space. Also I love that you can fit a bunch of soda on one of the drawers in the side. It saves a lot of space and is really handy for my husband. I also personally prefer an interior water dispenser, and it's a nice one too. It's really quiet and it's a great looking fridge. It's amazing that it's 24 cu.ft. but it's just 33 inches wide. Kenmore just really did a great job of utilizing space and making it efficient. I can't recommend this fridge enough.