Kenmore 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator ENERGY STAR®Item# 04678279000 | Model# 78279
Clearance. Intermediate markdowns may have been taken.
While supplies last
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore — trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans.
Bottom-freezer refrigerators provide easy access to the foods you reach for the most by placing them at eye level. This Kenmore bottom-freezer refrigerator would be a great addition to any kitchen. With large crisper drawers, wonderful door storage and plenty of shelves, there is room for all your food needs. The freezer compartment has a pull-out bin that provides easy access to your frozen foods. Plus, since it’s ENERGY STAR® qualified, you can be sure to save money with this Kenmore refrigerator.
- Ensure the temperature is set the way you want with easy-to-use electronic controls and digital display. Conveniently located upfront for quick and easy access
- Make the most of the space in your kitchen - These doors swing open to the right, but are easily reversible to swing open to the left if that is more convenient for you
- Get the most out of fresh food capacity - With 4 clear gallon door bins and 4 adjustable glass shelves offering multiple storage configurations
- Throw away your ice trays - This automatic icemaker comes installed and ready to use
- Conserve money and the environment - This ENERGY STAR® qualified refrigerator uses up to 20% less energy
- Spend less time and effort in your refrigerator - With fresh food at eye level, access foods you reach for the most without stooping
- Keep spills under control - With spillproof glass shelves, spilled liquids are confined to a single shelf
- Help extend the storage life of your fresh fruits and vegetables - These large clear crisper bins let you control the humidity at the optimum level from celery to grapefruit
Added on February 22, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I loved this refrigerator. The only issue was the freezer needed shelves instead of the basket. It only last 8 years though. The repairman says it needs a new compressor. $265 just for the part. I know things do not last forever, but if my parents lasted 30 years I would expect this one to last at least 10-12. We will not buy this brand again.
Wasn't sure about black for the refrigerator, but we love it. A freezer on the bottom is the only way to go, because you are in the freezer much less that the refrigerator. That means much less bending when getting into the refrigerator which a great plus.
Fort Wayne, IN
We have had this refrigerator for about 2 weeks now, and find it to be very nice. The door shelves are sufficient and hold lots, even tall wine bottles. The seal on the door is so tight, at times I have to pull the handle several times before it opens. The freezer section is really nice size. We love the freezer door being a pull open from the side, rather than a drawer.
Three major problems with this fridge: 1. The freezer section is poorly designed. It has a single shelf in the door, a small shelf at the top, and a huge bin underneath. When you pull the huge bin out, things can fall over the back of it. In order to slide the bin back in, you have to remove the entire bin (heavy and filled with frozen food). It's hard to describe but very annoying. 2. When you shut the fridge door, occasionally it causes the freezer door to pop open just a bit. The same thing happens sometimes when you close the freezer door, so the fridge door opens just a bit. It's not enough that you'd notice and shut it, but it is enough that all your food can spoil. 3. The refrigerator section temperature varies significantly from the front to the back. If the items in the front are cold enough, the back of the refrigerator section is freezing. Anything you put towards the back of the fridge section tends to freeze. We typically have a lot of fresh produce, more than can fit in the fruit and vegetable bins. If the produce touches the back of the fridge, the part that's touching gets frozen and ruined (picture frozen bags of lettuce).
This replaced a 12 year old bottom freezer Amana, which I loved! I have had this for a few weeks now, and have had no issues. Like most everything made today this has lighter, thinner materials, so remind my guys to be a bit more gentle. The door handle really could use some reinforcement, but not bad. Also in my 88* kitchen, I do have it set at level 6 instead of the level 4 recommended, but I like my stuff COLD! I would recommend this to anyone, especially at this price point.
Marco Island, FL
San Jose, CA
I love it but I return it back because first it was the wrong color that by mistake I order, since I am a short person 4"9 tall, the top shelves were to high for me to reach specially the back of the top shelf, if I lower the top shelf then I did not have enough room for my food.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 22-Mar-2014 See details.