Kenmore 21 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator - BlackItem# 04651799000 | Model# 51799
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 21 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator - Modern Style and Convenience
The black 21 cu. ft. Kenmore® side-by-side refrigerator 5179 features smooth, contoured doors, hidden hinges and a metal handle that will add a modern look to your kitchen décor. Within the refrigerator compartment, LED lighting casts a natural light on your food, making it easy to see the contents in your refrigerator and find what you need quickly. The electronic ice/water dispenser on this Kenmore® fridge delivers filtered water, and includes a light, lock function, and selections for crushed or cubed ice. The filter will dispense fresh water for up to 6 months, and an indicator light tells you exactly when it needs to be replaced.
- Gallon door bins easily hold jugs, bottles and gallon containers to help clear the shelves and give you space to stock up
- Spacious, tight-sealing and designed to control humidity, the Kenmore crisper drawer delivers fresh, crunchy fruits and vegetables, so you can stock up on produce
- The integrated snack pan keeps treats like yogurt, string cheese and more organized and easily accessible
- Upfront, interior controls make it easy to adjust the temperatures of the refrigerator and freezer
Added on July 10, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Compressor fan died after 2 days. Called service and they had it repaired a few days later. No mechanical problems since (I have had it for 2 months now) The fridge is rather noisy. It is not just noise from the ice falling as I have seen on some other reviews. You can hear the pump for the water kick on and off as you use the water/ice dispenser. I wanted a side by side with dispenser and was limited in size due to the cabinet it was going into. My choices were limited based on this. Overall for the price I paid, not a bad purchase.
This was one of the few refrigerators that could fit in the small space we have. We really wanted a counter depth but for some reason those are all taller and we just didn't have the height to work with. We refuse to buy any more refrigerators with the freezer on the bottom, have had no luck with the past 2, this is why we chose this side by side. We actually didn't lose all that much storage space, the storage on the door holds more than our old French door one, and the shelves go all the way to the bottom of the refrigerator, again better than our old French door one. We did lose space in the freezer but do have an actual freezer unit in our laundry room, along with another refrigerator in our garage, so it really wasn't an issue. Water on door works great, not sure about the ice yet, too soon to tell. Didn't rate it a 5 because it gives off some sort of odor on the outside, not on the inside. Possibly from the paint? The inside is fine, no smell. We haven't had it a week yet, so hoping the odor fades soon. The lighting inside is a great feature also. So far, aside from the odor, we are pleased with the purchase.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance Orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 02-May-2015 See details.
- Extra 5% off qualified appliances over $499 or special financing with Sears Card Offer ends 08-Apr-2015 See details.
- Buy More SAVE More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more! Offer ends 02-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.