Kenmore 20 cu. ft. White Top-Freezer Refrigerator with Icemaker ENERGY STAR®Item# 04678002000 | Model# 78002
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 20 cu. ft. Top-Freezer Refrigerator - Spacious and Efficient
This Kenmore refrigerator 7800 offers tons of space and features to complement your kitchen. Easy-to-adjust full-width glass shelves are designed for added storage and easy cleanup. This refrigerator contains a Full Width Pantry Drawer for storing deli meats, cheeses and even sheet cakes. Adjustable door bins are large enough to accommodate gallon jugs and two-liter bottles and can be found in both the fridge and freezer. Recessed LED lighting illuminates this 20 cu. ft. top-freezer refrigerator and Multi Air Flow technology filters the air evenly throughout, ensuring everything remains cold.
- A full-width, gourmet pantry drawer stores party platters, pizzas, pies, trays and more while clearing shelf space for better organization and easier storage.
- Spacious, tight-sealing and designed to control humidity, Kenmore crisper drawers deliver fresh, crunchy fruit and vegetables, so you can stock up on produce.
- Gallon door bins easily hold jugs, bottles and gallon containers to help clear the shelves and give you space to stock up.
- Multi Air Flow Technology uses strategically placed vents to balance cool air throughout the entire refrigerator, so even the items on the door stay cool.
- A built-in icemaker automatically makes chilly ice cubes, so whether you're cooling a hot drink or mixing up a cocktail, the ice you need is always on hand.
- Efficient recessed LED lights are mounted along the sides of the refrigerator to give you more space and make it easy to see what you're looking for.
- Electronic controls combined with a digital display means quick temperature readings and push-button adjustments that are tailored to fit whatever food you're storing.
Added on August 25, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Got this refrigerator to replace a GE unit. We had trouble with this from the get go. It made ice when it felt like it, and froze the food in the refrigerator. I had the repair man out 4 times while it was under warranty he kept telling me there was nothing wrong. Just had service man out and no longer under warranty compressor is shot about a $1000.00 repair.Called Sears to see if they would do anything since the unit is only 1-1/2 years old, said they could not help me. This unit is made by Whirpool. I have to buy a new unit, no more Kenmore or Whirpool or anything made by Whirpool.
I purchased this item on 09/09/13 and it was delivered on the 12th. Every time I enter the kitchen it is either running or starts to run within a few minutes. It makes an irritating humming, buzzing, and whirling noise. The manual says that the buzzing is normal, But I do not like it. I hope that my electric bill does not go up nor the unit going bad already.
The digital thermostat is cool. Allows you to control the food better. Heavy duty shelves. Can hold milk gal. and full watermelons. Quiet compressor. Doors don`t pop open when you shut the other one. Swing shut by themselves if leveled correctly. Nice lighting. Easy to clean. Very spacey.
Keeps the food cold in all parts. Nice lighting. Easy to clean. The shelves are strong and hold heavy gallons of milk and full size watermelons. The doors stay shut and don`t pop open when you close one. Good quality. Strong bins. Quiet. No noisy compressor. Roomy.
Very spacious, excellent LED lighting in lower and upper compartments. Easy to move for cleaning. Love the handles on vegetable drawer makes opening to very easy. EXCELLECT choice!
Silver Spring, MD
Our twelve year old unit began to show signs of failure. We did comparative shopping and identified this unit as a replacement. We were impressed with the many features of the unit as well as overall projected annual operating costs and mail in rebate. Our purchase, delivery, and set up was excellent! Interior layout of the unit is consistent and adequately addresses our storage needs. We are convinced that the Kenmore brand stands head and shoulders above the competition. Also, kudos to the Sears sales and service staff for supporting our short turn around requirements ( Within 24 hrs).
We have had this refrigerator for about a month and it has been a nightmare. The first 3 days I kept accusing my grandchildren of leaving the freezer door ajar. By chance I noticed every time the door to the refrigerator closed it caused the freezer door to puff open and then close. The problem is that it doesn't always close all the way. At least once a day I find the freezer door ajar and everything inside covered in ice. Also the door shelves are arranged poorly. The smallest, narrowest shelf ( the one just wide enough to hold your steak sauce bottle and others of that size) is tucked all the way down at the bottom of the door under a much wider shelf so you have to almost kneel down to reach whatever you have on that shelf. If you look closely at the picture you will see what I mean. I give it 1 star only for the nice lighting in the freezer and the refrigerator. Needless to say we are returning this refrigerator for one with a freezer drawer on the bottom.
I exchanged a malfunctioning and noisy, new Kenmore #73211 with this #78002 and what a difference! This model is super quiet, great shelf design, energy efficient, great quality, and it makes ice fast. The bright LED lights in both compartments is a great improvement too. It came with an extra shelf I didn't need, but I don't this model could be improved upon. Great product!!
Received this refrigerator about 2 weeks ago. So far temperatures are fine and I do like the refrigerator. It could stand a few improvements. I would prefer the refrigerator part be a little larger and the freezer smaller. Also the top of the refrigerator inside takes up a good bit of room. This is where temp control is located. It wastes a good bit of space around your top shelf. Needs better design on this. Refrigerator is very quiet and keeps items cold. Would probably buy again. Shopped a long time and compared many units before settling on this one. Will update later if any issues arise.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Kitchen Appliances! Get an Extra 5%-10% off when you Buy 3 or more. Offer ends 29-Mar-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore appliances. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.