Clearance. Intermediate markdowns may have been taken.
While supplies last
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Depth w/Door Open 90 Degrees (In.):||57.375|
|Overall Capacity (Cu Ft):||16.7|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
|Kilowatt Hrs. per Year:||480|
|Freezer Interior Light:||Yes|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 16.7 cu. ft. Upright Freezer - Optimal Bulk Storage
The Kenmore upright freezer 2872 helps you take advantage of bulk purchases by giving you room to organize large amounts of food. It features adjustable storage in the door, three shelves and a wide pull-out basket at the bottom. The freezer has a Soft Freeze Zone, which is slightly warmer than the rest of the unit and is ideal for freezing delicate baked goods, ice cream and dairy products. With 16.7 cubic feet of storage Large Capacity, this Kenmore upright freezer will allow you to keep bulk grocery purchases fresh and organized.
- A spacious interior means better organization, easier access and more storage options, which makes this freezer perfect for pizzas, ice cream, fish, meats and bulk buys.
- An on-door Soft Freeze Zone is slightly warmer than the rest of the freezer, making sure your ice cream is always ready to eat.
- An integrated security lock increases safety, helps deter theft and ensures a tight seal for a consistently cool storage environment that saves energy.
- A bright exterior power light lets you know at a glance whether your freezer is working or not, helping ensure your food stays safe and cold.
- Bright interior lighting provides clear visibility that helps you find food, ingredients, treats and more quickly.
Added on May 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Really shouldn't be rated with any stars at all. Six months after I purchased this freezer and had it loaded with a side of beef, it went out. Lost all meat and had a bloody mess to clean up. Sears would not replace even though freezer smells like rotten meat. Told me to wash it with soap and water (like I didn't know to do that). Still stinks even with baking soda boxes in there. They did give me $250 for cost of lost meat although the meat cost me $550. Repairman had to weld something to the back of freezer and it started working again. Needless to say, I didn't load it full of beef again. Two months later, it is cooling but not freezing. Doesn't even freeze bread. Repairman coming tomorrow. Never buying anything from Sears again unless they replace this freezer. It is useless because I purchased it to put our sides of beef in and I won't ever trust it again.
I do follow the suggestions about keeping the freezer well stocked, balanced, etc. (granted it is in our garage and we live in an area with hot summers) but the frost buildup gets ridiculous! My food gets freezer burned fairly often :( and stuff doesn't stay completely frozen.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliance orders over $399! Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 30-Sep-2014 See details.