Kenmore 13.7 cu. ft. Upright Freezer (Model 2845)Item# 04628459000 | Model# 28459
Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 13.7 cu. ft. Upright Freezer - Secure Storage
Functional in design, this Kenmore upright freezer 2845 offers everything you need for your frozen food storage. With several glass and wire shelves and baskets, it accommodates up to 480 pounds, allowing you to shop in bulk or preserve your summer produce with ease. It offers several convenient features, including door ajar and high temperature alarms, a control lock-out function and an air baffling system that increases the overall efficiency. Easy-to-read displays provide peace of mind while a frost-free design eliminates the need for manual defrosting.
- From meats and fish to fresh vegetables from the garden, Quick Freeze speeds the preservation process by dropping temperatures rapidly, locking in both color and flavor.
- Slide-out baskets keep smaller, daily necessities within reach to simplify storage and make moving easy when it’s time to reach deep.
- Designed to help prevent spoiled food and save money on cooling, a built-in alarm system lets you know when interior temperatures are on the rise or when the door is left ajar.
- Designed to hold temperatures steady, prevent tampering and keep kids out of trouble, the control lockout option delivers an extra layer of security against spoiled food.
- Enhanced air flow design channels cold air, around, over and across your freezer’s contents for superior refrigeration, balanced performance and consistently frozen foods.
- With a bright LCD display and easy access, the external control panel puts temperature settings, alarm status and more within reach.
Added on June 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I like everything about this freezer but the sound of the fan operating. It definitely makes more noise than any refrigerator or freezer that i ever heard.The compressor is quiet, it is the air circulating fan that constantly runs that sounds like a dehumidifier running. Luckily the freezer is in the basement because the sound would drive me crazy in my living area.Just received it today well see how long it lasts.
worked great for 5 years, bought the model with the glass shelves and pull out drawers, digital controller... I would rate 5 stars if it lasted 8-10 years. Sealed system failed, would cost more to repair than to buy a new one. I really expected this to last at least 8-10 years.
We bought this to replace our freezer that quit working and love it. The basket and drawer in it are great for odd shaped things that don't stack very well. This feeezer is also well lite inside. Great product!
La Grange, IL
It's a perfect size for our growing family. It doesn't take up too much space since our home is small. Yet it give us a reliable place to keep food purchased on sale. We spend less time at the grocery store and more time with the family. Thanks Sears!
This freezer holds a lot of food. It is frost free and very quiet. I would recommend to anyone that's looking for a freezer to buy this model. The freezer is black and does not stand out and look out of place.
After an extensive amount of research, I chose to go with this Kenmore Upright model because of it's good reputation, the great reviews, the key & lock, ample space, the way it seals when the door is closed, the shelves including drawers, several shelves on the inside of the door, temp control/lock key pad on the outside of the door, and it's frost free feature. This unit, located in our car garage, arrived at the desired temperature within 20 minutes. WOW! Some of the reviews I read stated that this unit is loud. The ONLY time it was loud was when it was working overtime to obtain the desired temperature. Otherwise, NOT loud at all.:-) Initially I chose a different Kenmore model but due to the terrible delivery service, my 1st choice being lost, the delivery employees unable to be contacted, and losing a lot of food, I opt for this model and my husband angrily yet eagerly picked up this unit and installed it. We are VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH SEARS' DELIVERY & CUSTOMER SERVICE!
I purchased this freezer because I knew Kenmore was a good brand. This turned out to be a disappointment. I had problems with the freezer not cooling properly. I have only had this product 9 months before I had to get the freezer serviced, After another year and 6 months I had the same issue with the freezer not cooling again. Not a good buy very dissatisfied.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Seems to maintain stable temps. slide out features and solid shelves are a nice feature. But it is noisy when it runs. Good thing it's in a basement away from living area.
Just had our freezer delivered this morning. I don't understand why some of you are complaining about the noise of the motor. You can barely hear it and we have it in our kitchen. Great investment. We love it. Now we can stock up on sale items and stop having to go shopping so much. Great Value and Price!!!! Totally would recommend this product. Perfect size too!!!
Santa Ana, CA
This thing sounds like a freight train in my kitchen. I actually thought someone had left the door open and a big truck was in front of the house?no that would have been quieter. Since we have a kitchen dining area are in the same area, we have to yell over the compressor noise when eating at the table. When in the other room, we have to turn up the TV. I have been buying the Kenmore brand for over 40 years and have never been so disappointed. If their QC allows a product this noise to go out to homes, it just might be my last Kenmore/Sears product. Another reliable brand, bites the dust.
- FREE Local Delivery on Appliances! Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 26-Apr-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on Kenmore appliances. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.
- Buy More Save More on Appliances! Get an Extra 10% off when you Buy 2 or more. Sold by Sears Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.