Follow this item and we’ll let you know when the price drops
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Cabinet Depth (in.):||14.57|
|Cabinet Height (in.):||30.28|
|Cabinet Width (in.):||14.72|
|Energy Efficiency Rating:||8.9|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
|Kilowatt Hrs. per Year:||-|
|24 Hour Timer:||Yes|
|Cord Length (ft.):||5.94|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Power Cord Included:||Yes|
|Room Coverage in Sq. Ft.:||450|
|Window Kit Included:||Yes|
|Power and Performance:|
|Maximum Air Flow (CFM):||244|
|No. of Cooling Speeds:||2|
|No. of Fan Only Speeds:||2|
|Rated Amps (Receptacle):||15|
|Sound Level (Decibels):||55.5|
Ratings & Reviews
Kenmore 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner - Personalized Cooling
With the Kenmore portable air conditioner 8410, you can make your space more comfortable by cooling or circulating the air in your room. This portable A/C unit can easily cool a space of up to 450 sq. ft. The easy-to-use controls allow you to choose from cool, dry, fan only or auto mode for your ideal comfort. To reduce energy costs, use the 24-hour timer or sleep mode. A full-functioning remote control, digital display, and a temperature sensor make this Kenmore portable air conditioner convenient and perfect for cooling your personal space. To keep the unit operating properly, the included window venting kit must be installed to exhaust hot air out of the room.
- 2 cooling and 2 fan speeds help keep your room's air circulating and at just the right temperature
- Four settings (powerful cooling, fan, dry and auto) allow you to set the comfort level to your preference
- Sleep mode gradually adjusts room temperature for comfort and energy savings
- 24-hour on/off timer keeps things cool on your schedule
- Unit automatically restarts in the event of a power interruption and remembers all settings
- Temperature sensor automatically changes the operation mode to maintain the room's comfort
- Efficiently cools a 400-450 sq. ft. room (approx. 20 ft. x 20 ft.)
- The included quick-install kit fits windows up to 48.43 in. wide
- Kenmore portable A/C units use the more efficient and eco-friendly R410A refrigerant
Added on June 28, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
The hose that connects the unit to the the window exhaust outlet is HORRIBLE! I'm not very mechanically inclined, but that hose is about impossible to hook up and have stay. Worst design EVER! By the time I manage to get it hooked up and stable, the sun goes down. If it weren't so hot lately, I'd of returned it the day I got it. Why they didn't use an attachment similar to a dryer hose clamp, I'll never know. What a pain. Poor design. I don't want to tape it, because I actually purchased it because it's on wheels and can be moved about.
I haven't had this a/c unit long and will update if anything changes. I live in the Northwest and our summers aren't usually so warm you need an a/c. This summer was not only hot but extremely humid (on some days) as well. I broke down and purchased this unit and used it right away. I'd only wished I'd purchased it sooner. This unit (10,000 btu) did an amazing job right off the bat. It cooled down app 700 ft (kitchen, living room, 2 small bedrooms and hall) in just over an hour. Mind you, my house is well insulated with fairly low ceilings. You felt a noticable difference in the areas closer to the unit much quicker than that. Set up was fairly easy. I'm a single female and had no issues at all setting this up. Set up took about 15 minutes for me. Advice: buy a roll of duct tape to secure and seal the window completely. The unit is not noisey at all. I was very surprised as I'd read alot on portable a/c units and noise was a major complaint on many reviews and articles. I placed the unit on a throw rug (rather than on the tile or wood floor) so that may make all the difference in the world. My pedestal fan is louder than this a/c unit on both medium and high speeds, to give you an idea. In a nutshell: Easy setup, cools quickly, happy me.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.